110 N. Main
This building was built in 1917 for Butler State Bank. It was still a bank in 1930; but had been converted to an office building by 1946. In 1964,
Warren Hall Coutts purchased the building to house his law office. After his son died in 1965, Coutts founded an art museum in his honor. The building continues to house the Coutts Art Museum.
This is a two story Neoclassical Revival brick building with a dressed limestone and marble façade. As the name implies, Classical Revival draws on design influences of Classical architecture from ancient Greece and Rome. Note the impressive columns on the front of the building, one of the hallmarks of buildings influenced by ancient Greek architecture.